Over the years, I have always tried to make my dog’s crate look nice especially when traveling. In this article, I share detailed tips on how to make dog crates look nice.
Why try to make a dog crate look nice?
There are several reasons why it can be important to make your dog’s crate look nice. Perhaps the most obvious reason is that a nicely decorated crate can not only help improve your dog’s comfort when traveling but also make him or her feel more at home and comfortable in their surroundings.
When making a dog crate look nice, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, it’s important to make sure that the crate itself is clean and free of any debris or dirt. This will help ensure that your dog has a comfortable and clean space to relax in.
Next, you’ll want to add some soft bedding material to the bottom of the crate. This can include a cozy blanket, plush dog bed, or even some old towels that are soft and absorbent.
Finally, you can add some decorative touches to the crate itself to help improve its aesthetic appeal. This might include using colorful blankets or pillows, adding some pictures or artwork to the walls of the crate, or even adding some
Tips on How to make a dog crate look nice:
#1. Get a crate that looks good
First and foremost, it is important to choose a crate that looks good. If you have an old, rusty-looking cage, then your first step should be to find a new one that matches your home decor better. There are many beautiful, sleek options on the market today such as metallic cages or decorative ones with patterned walls.
#2. Clean the crate
Once you have a nicer-looking crate, the next step is to make sure it is clean. Wash the inside and outside of the cage with soap and water and allow it to air dry completely. If your dog has any bedding in their crate, be sure to wash that as well.
#3. Add soft bedding
To help make your dog more comfortable in their crate, add some soft bedding material to the bottom of the cage. This can include a plush blanket, thick dog bed, or even some old towels that are soft and absorbent.
#4. Decorate with accessories
Finally, you may want to add some decorative accessories to the crate itself to help improve its aesthetic appeal. This might include using colorful blankets or pillows, adding pictures or artwork to the walls of the crate, or even placing a few dog toys inside.
Dog Crate Decoration Ideas at Home
- Make a table out of the crate: This is a great way to utilize your dog’s crate. Simply place the crate on top of a table and voila! You now have an instant side table that also serves as extra storage.
- Paint the crate: If you want to add a pop of color to your home, consider painting the dog crate. You can use any color you want, but we recommend choosing a color that compliments your home’s current palette.
- Wrap the crate in fabric: This is an easy way to add some style and personality to your dog’s crate. Simply measure and cut a piece of fabric to fit around the crate, then use hot glue or velcro to attach it in place.
- Add a curtain: If you want to make the crate a bit more private for your dog, consider hanging a curtain in front of it. This is also a great way to add some extra color or pattern to the space.
- Place plants inside: One easy way to make the crate look nicer is to place some plants inside. You can create an entire indoor garden inside the crate, or simply place a few small potted plants in there. This will help make the space look more welcoming and inviting.
- Build your crate into your home decor: If you’re really looking to integrate the crate into your home, consider building it into your decor. This could mean adding shelves on top of the crate to create a mini-bar or bookshelf, or even attaching it to the wall as part of a shelving unit.
- Give the crate furniture treatment or turn it into a piece of art: If you want to get really creative, you could even give the crate furniture treatment by painting it or upholstering it with fabric. Or, if you’re feeling crafty, you could turn it into a piece of art by adding some unique details or embellishments.
- Make the bench a kennel: If you have an old bench that you’re no longer using, you could easily turn it into a dog kennel. Simply remove the seat of the bench and add a few cushions or blankets to make it comfortable for your pup. Then, place the crate inside and voila! You now have a stylish and functional piece of furniture.
You can read more ideas here.
FAQs on making dog crate look nice:
Q: How can I make my dog crate look nicer?
A: There are a few different ways that you can make your dog crate look nicer. Some ideas include painting the crate, adding some decorative accessories, or even wrapping it in fabric.
Q: What should I put in my dog’s crate?
A: In addition to bedding material, you may want to add some toys or chews, as well as a few of your dog’s favorite things. You should also make sure that the crate is big enough for your dog to move around and stretch out.
Q: How can I make my dog crate more comfortable?
A: In addition to adding bedding material, you may want to consider adding a few cushions or blankets to the crate. You can also try placing the crate in a more comfortable location, such as near a window or in a room with softer lighting.
Q: How do I make sure my dog is comfortable in their crate?
A: The best way to ensure that your dog is comfortable in their crate is to make sure that it is the right size for them. You can check out dog crates for large dogs here. They should be able to stand up and turn around in the crate without being cramped. Additionally, you should place the crate in a comfortable location and add bedding material to make it more cozy. Finally, you may want to consider adding a few of your dog’s favorite things to the crate, such as toys or treats.
Hi there! I am Anthony, the founder of the Best Dog Bed Reviews site. I have been a certified dog breeder for 15 years and currently own 12 dog breeds on my farm in Atlanta, Georgia. I am also a co-founder of the Dog Breed Info group, which is one of the biggest online communities for dog enthusiasts. I have been writing about dogs and other pets for more than 10 years and have been recognized as one of the leading experts in dog sleep and dog beds. You can find some of my articles on other websites such as The Farm Store and Petplus HQ.